Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another year, another birthday, another walk...

It's my Mom's birthday today.  She has Alzheimer's Disease. Since this is my art blog, I try to keep it filled with just sketches and current projects that relate to "art".  Which actually is ridiculous because my whole life seems to be revolved around trying to make art. I have another blog documenting the care of my Mom in hopes of helping research and ultimately cure of Alzheimer's.  It's here.  So another year has gone by, so many changes have happened in her.  Last year the whole family visited and although still in her wheelchair, she could participate.  This year, she was just present, and the presents I did bring were really just for the girls because she is so unaware of anything, except hugs, she kinda likes those.
Happy Birthday Nana
So today, on her birthday I am starting the fundraising for this year's Alzheimer's Association Walk to END Alzheimer's.  Please click here to get to my donation page and support the care, research and awaremenss needed to eliminate this terrible disease.  THANK YOU!

No comments: