Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Awesome Art Collaboration for Haiti

Process pictures of kids drawings turned in to mosaics
My friend Laurel True is a wonderful mosaic artist and she has been over in Haiti creating some really special mosaics there.  I am lucky enough to be able to help her with the project with Partner's in Health at the Mirebalais Children's Hospital.  Hoping to raise awareness and funding as well as a global teaching moment, she gave me some subjects that she wanted to include in the murals.  I had the kids at both my schools where I work, Carpenter Community Charter Elementary School and Sunnyside Preschool create drawings of birds, fish, flowers and butterflies that she shared with her mosaic community to piece together an inspiring and beautiful atmosphere for the Children's Hospital.  Please go to the Facebook page to see lots of pictures, and also to make a donation supporting the efforts.
Mirebalais Facebook Page
3rd graders proudly displaying their artwork for Haiti

No comments: